- InfoQ: Spring Web Flow with Keith Donald – Keith Donald goes in depth on Spring Web Flow, which solves the problem of orchestrating control navigations within a web application in Spring MVC, Struts, and JSF. Keith talks about how to design workflows in web apps and technical details
- Bill Roth’s Blog: ** Workshop 10.1 Available: Workshop and Studio Merged! ** – I am pleased to announce that the code lines BEA Workshop and Workshop Studio have been merged. The result is BEA Workshop 10.1, now available for download
- Grepping your web logs – I?m Mike – With the help of a few common unix filters, you can quickly gauge how things are going on your site. These commands work with Apache, or Apache compatible log files, and can probably be tweaked to work with other log file formats pretty easily.
- Enterprise Java Community: Binding XML to Java – Manipulating XML data easily and efficiently in Java remains an important problem. Numerous approaches to XML binding exist in the industry, including DOM, JAXB, XML Beans, Castor, SDO and so on
- 23 Programming Languages compared through their Amazon book sales – The Amazon sales rank allows us to compare the success of books representative of each language, and indirectly compare the popularity of the languages themselves.
- LWN: Who wrote 2.6.20? – It is not uncommon to see Linux referred to as a volunteer-created system, as opposed to the corporate-sponsored, proprietary alternatives
- James Governor’s Monkchips – Adobe Engage: Fighting Against The Architecture of the Space – We need to fight against the architecture of the space (that’s cool)
- Using Amfphp 1.9 with the Adobe Flex 2 SDK | HowtoForge – Linux Howtos and Tutorials – This article shows how you can make PHP interact with Adobe Flex
- Will (Or Should) Adobe open-source Flex? – Open sourcing Flex would certainly lead to wider adoption of Flex as an application development framework. So why doesn’t Adobe do it? The next generation of AJAX frameworks are also just around the corner and they will compete with Flex. OpenLaszlo is an
- Google Apps – SAML-based Single Sign-On – Google Apps offers a SAML-based Single Sign-On (SSO) service that provides partner companies with full control over the authorization and authentication of hosted user accounts that can access web-based applications like Gmail or Google Calendar
- Open Service Oriented Architecture collaboration. – The Open Service Oriented Architecture collaboration is currently working on a series of specifications that are made available to the industry on a Royalty Free licensing basis
- Interface21 Team Blog – Oracle Contributing Oracle Application Server Integration Code to Spring Framework – This is similar to what we have with WebLogic 8.1 and above in WebLogicJtaTransactionManager. The OC4JJtaTransactionManager should be used in place of the generic JtaTransactionManager in an OC4J environment, and provides the following benefits
An Introduction to the Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0 Specification by Vimala Ranganathan and Anurag Pareek — The EJB 3.0 specification goes a long way toward making the EJB programming experience a pleasant one by simplifying development, facilitating test-driven development, and focusing more on plain Java objects. This article takes a look at the specification, and how to build EJBs in the new model.
java, j2ee, ejb, ejb3.0, weblogic, pojo, jsr220, sdo, bea, dev2dev