- Five Step Illustrated Guide to Setup a Kanban System in an Enterprise Organization – If your about to kick-off a Kanban adoption in an enterprise IT organization or in the midst of one and struggling, you may find this useful. It's a simple 5 step approach that has always produced good outcomes for us while respecting the pace of change a typical IT organization can absorb.
- InfoQ: Forrester CEO: The Web is a Software Architecture and the App Internet is the Next Wave – Forrester CEO: The Web is a Software Architecture and the App Internet is the Next Wave
- Video: SpringOne 2GX – Introduction to Spring Data Neo4J – This video presentation is by Michael Hunger, Software Developer for Neo4J Technologies, and he provides an Introduction to Spring Data Neo4J. Michael covers
- Video: SpringOne 2GX – Messaging for Modern Applications – This video presentation is by Tom McCuch, Senior Sales Engineer for SpringSource, and he discusses Messaging for Modern Applications.
- Bill Gates to return as Microsoft’s white knight? | ZDNet – Summary: Could and should Bill Gates return to day-to-day responsibilities at Microsoft? Fortune is reporting there’s a rumor to that effect.
- Treasure Data Blog • Real-Time Log Collection with Fluentd and MongoDB – This post shows how to use Fluentd-MongoDB plugin to aggregate semi-structured logs in real-time.
- Why I choose CouchDB over MongoDB | Chris Allnutt – Use MongoDB only if you don’t care about the state of the data, but want to sling it out distributed as fast as possible. If you’re willing to wait an extra millisecond to ensure that that save and replication actually happens, and when it fails you just use the last valid version use CouchDB
- The Durable Document Store You Didn’t Know You Had, But Did – As it turns out, PostgreSQL has a number of ways of storing loosely structured data — documents — in a column on a table.
- Instagram Engineering • What Powers Instagram: Hundreds of Instances, Dozens of Technologies – We thought it would be fun to give a sense of all the systems that power Instagram, at a high-level; you can look forward to more in-depth descriptions of some of these systems in the future.
- The Bastards Book of Ruby – A Programming Primer for Counting and Other Unconventional Tasks – The Bastards Book of Ruby is an introduction to programming and its practical uses for journalists, researchers, scientists, analysts, and anyone else whose job is to seek out, make sense from, and show the hard-to-find data.
- InfoQ: MongoGraph Brings Semantic Web Features to MongoDB Developers – Using this approach JSON objects are automatically translated into triples and both the MongoDB query language and SPARQL work against these objects. Another goal of MongoGraph is to make the freetext engine of their graph database easy to search as Solr/Lucene.
- Unit Testing for SQL Server with SQL Test – SQL Test is a unit test plug-in for SQL Server Management Studio.
- MongoDB: The New M in Your LAMP Stack – MongoDB: The New M in Your LAMP Stack – Mathias Stearn & Nosh Petigara
Links for December 4th through December 9th