- The MessagePack Project – Extremely efficient object serialization library for cross-language communication. It’s like JSON, but very fast and small. – MessagePack is a binary-based efficient object serialization library. It enables to exchange structured objects between many languages like JSON. But unlike JSON, it is very fast and small.
- Guest Blog: You can increase your intelligence: 5 ways to maximize your cognitive potential – "One should not pursue goals that are easily achieved. One must develop an instinct for what one can just barely achieve through one's greatest efforts." —Albert Einstein
- Internet security: Keys to the cloud castle | The Economist – What Dropbox provides is more than adequate for most users. Those with a more stringent need for privacy—most often because they are breaking either a just or unjust law—need to take responsibility for their own privacy, not count on a remote, third party service to provide it
- InfoQ: Putting the "re" into Architecture – Kevlin Henney promotes live architecture through refactoring, recovery, re-envisioning, retrospection, re-engineering, repair, rewriting, reduction, reuse, reaction, re-evaluation and remembering.
- Spark – A Sinatra inspired micro web framework for quickly creating web applications in Java with minimal effort – A Sinatra inspired micro web framework for quickly creating web applications in Java with minimal effort
- Salman Khan: The Messiah of Math – BusinessWeek – Can an ex-hedge fund guy and his nonprofit Khan Academy make American schoolkids competitive again?
Links for May 20th through May 21st