- SEC Says Companies Can Use Social Media to Alert Investors – WSJ.com <AMEN!!!> – The Securities and Exchange Commission gave explicit permission for companies to use social media such as Twitter and Facebook FB -0.43% to announce key information, so long as investors have been alerted about which sites will be used to disseminate such it.
- Why China Is Reading Your Email – WSJ.com – Beijing's cyber attacks are rooted in military strategy, says one of America's foremost experts. The best way to combat them is for the U.S. to go on the cyber offensive too.
- Database test data generator – Fill your database with random test data! – Generate test data for your database – Quick recipes to test real applications with random data
- Performance Testing Java Applications – This talk explores when to start performance testing, how to avoid the common pitfalls, how to profile when the results cause your team to pull a funny face, and what you can do about that funny face. Specific issues to Java and managed runtimes in general
- MongoDB Gets Better Security, Text Search, Performance Improvements – What’s Next? – MongoDB 2.4 was recently released with new features such as Text Search, hash-based sharding, better geo-spatial capabilities with GeoJSON support and several performance and tooling improvements. We also discussed with 10gen about what’s next on the roadm
- High Performance Messaging for Web-Based Trading Systems – This presentation will investigate WebSocket and how trading systems can be designed to leverage this new web protocol for reliability, security and performance for desktop, mobile, datacenter and cloud environments.
- Pragmatic DevOps: Reproducing Yourself with Vagrant and Chef | zeroturnaround.com – This post provides an introductory look at why should you care about DevOps, what can we use to make it easy to get started and covered by hands-on guides. First we need to look at Virtualization and Provisioning.
- Big Data Deep Dive Conclusion: The Future of Analytics – Furrier wraps up the Big Data Deep Dive by highlighting that everything generates data, and everybody will be affected by it thanks to the technology that is being developed by the data science community.
- Why Use Twitter Bootstrap? Because I Said So – For me Twitter Bootstrap is a wonderful design tool because as a designer I don't have to focus so much on the UI components and focus more on the overall design of the app and its users. For web based applications and large data driven and heavy interactive websites it's a fantastic design tool
- How to teach a Java EE app new NoSQL tricks – Sun dumped JavaEE Pet Store, but a bright developer modernized it, and we ported it to NoSQL with Couchbase
- GWT Activity & Places: Order matters | techscouting through the java news – The GWT Activity and Places framework is a useful and common mechanism to use the browser history within your application allowing users to bookmark URLs and use the back button as a feature. To do so, it automatically updates the URL token when navigating
Links for March 29th through April 2nd