- Sketching: the Visual Thinking Power Tool – Sketching provides a unique space that can help you think differently, generate a variety of ideas quickly, explore alternatives with less risk, and encourage constructive discussions with colleagues and clients.
- Data Wrangler – Wrangler is an interactive tool for data cleaning and transformation.
Spend less time formatting and more time analyzing your data
- Spring Mobile 1.0.0.M3 Released | SpringSource.org – Spring Mobile provides extensions to Spring MVC that aid in the development of cross-platform mobile web applications
- weightshift/The-Personal-Page at master – GitHub – This simple one-page website is a way for people to have a very quick and easy personable website that aggregates your activity and positions a simple logo, a portrait and some description text in a nicely-formatted manner.
- The LinkedIn Blog » Introducing LinkedIn Skills « – LinkedIn Skills is a whole new way to understand the landscape of skills & expertise, who has them, and how it’s changing over time.
- A harrowing, historic week in Egypt – The Big Picture – Boston.com – We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
- Quora’s Technology Examined | Phil Whelan’s Blog – Quora is a great example of a modern tech start-up. They are very small team who understand the technologies they are using very well. They have made considered choices in the technology they have selected and have a good vision of which components would be better written from scratc
- Motivating people is more important than modeling them – The primary goal is to find ways to give people enough autonomy, mastery, and purpose to enable them to do great things
- InfoQ: Characteristics of an Agile Organization – There are some patterns I see over and over that are fundamental to a successful agile adoption, or a large scale enterprise agile transformation. Here are the ones I think are most important and why.
- InfoQ: Clojure-Java Interop: A Better Java than Java – Stuart Dabbs Halloway, after reviewing Clojure’s syntax comparing it with Java, explains how Clojure-Java interoperability works. He then talks about the need for simplicity in languages, attempting to prove that Clojure is a simpler language, and consequently better, than Java.
Daily del.icio.us for February 1st through February 5th