- OpenStack cloud platform to get Microsoft Hyper-V integration | ZDNet – The OpenStack project — an open-source cloud-computing platform created by RackSpace, NASA and a growing list of partners — is getting some support from Microsoft.
- Project ROME – Content creation and publishing for virtually anyone – Project ROME, an all-in-one content creation and publishing application for use at home, work or school*. It is intended for virtually anyone who wants to add the power of video, audio, photos, graphics, text or animation into everyday projects
- rc3.org – The future of Java on the Mac platform – There are huge advantages associated with being the platform of choice for developers. Apple should be very careful before it fritters away those advantages.
- Caapi Technologies Blog: SmartGWT vs. Ext GWT ( Or 80-20 rule of development ) – So probably some problems will arise and I don’t expect it to be perfect, but again on the rule of 80-20 the Ext GWT beats SmartGWT in almost all aspects.
- KT Tunstall On World Cafe : NPR – In an age where the phrase "pop star" usually brings to mind flamboyant divas, Scottish pop-rock star KT Tunstall stands out. With a sound that seems to mesh Melissa Etheridge, Fiona Apple and Dido, she produces heartfelt music in a pop format with a knack for uncluttered, catchy songs.
- Google Web Toolkit Blog: Advancing cloud computing with integrated developer tools by Google and VMware – Earlier this year at Google I/O, we announced a collaboration between Google and VMware focused on making it easy to build business-oriented, cloud portable web apps. Today we are happy to announce that these tools will be generally available within the next few weeks
- IntelliJ IDEA 10: free IDE for Android development | JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Blog – IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition gets a big addition: Android development plugin becomes available in the free edition of IntelliJ IDEA starting with version 1
- Enum Tricks: Dynamic Enums | Javalobby – In this article I would like to explain use case when dynamic enums are needed and how to implement them
- Java Power Tools – Keeping tabs on code quality – evolutions in code quality metrics – Code quality metrics are an important part of maintaining a healthy project, and reducing technical debt. Integrate code quality metrics reporting into your CI builds – this allows better project-wide reporting, and also makes your code quality metrics much more proactive.
- Assessing Ray Ozzie’s impact at Microsoft | Beyond Binary – CNET News – With nimble and powerful rivals like the Google and the Apple outmaneuvering Microsoft at various turns, the company needs not just someone adept at the helm, but also someone who knows the ins and outs of the waves well enough to spot foul weather on the horizon and plot a new course.
- jQuery Mobile Alpha 1 Released | jQuery Mobile – Today we’re pleased to announce the first alpha release of the jQuery Mobile project. jQuery Mobile is a user interface framework, built on top of jQuery, designed to simplify the process of building applications that target mobile devices.
Daily del.icio.us for October 17th through October 24th