- Microsoft pledges love and money to open source | The Register – Microsoft is becoming a platinum member of the Apache Software Foundation (ASF), paying $100,000 annual membership. The move follows work between the two to support the Office Open XML file formats in Apache's POI project.
- Why India Will Beat China – An entrenched and vibrant democracy will ultimately drive India to outperform China socially and economically
- Rush Plays Rock Band Backstage at Colbert | Comedy Central Insider – The Comedy Blog for Comedy Fans – So, when Rush was backstage at The Colbert Report last week, they played "Tom Sawyer" on Rock Band and now there's video of it
- gxp -Google XML Pages – GXP is a templating system used to generate XML/SGML markup (most often HTML). Support for multiple languages – currently Java
- Ext JS – Ext GWT Grid, Grid Plugins, and EditableGrid – Ext GWT 1.1 development is moving along nicely and includes a new Grid component. Grid is based on the Ext JS Grid and will support the same features including grid plugins, grouping, totaling, and inline editing
- If your SSD sucks, blame Vista, says SSD vendor | Register Hardware – It's Windows Vista's fault that solid-state storage isn't performing as well as its proponents predicted. So said SanDisk CEO Eli Harari, but at least he didn't go as far as saying it's Microsoft's problem to fix.
- VMware to offer low-footprint ESX hypervisor free | InfoWorld | News | 2008-07-22 | By Elizabeth Montalbano, IDG News Service – VMware said Tuesday it will offer the small-footprint version of its ESX virtualization software free, responding to pressure from Microsoft and other companies that are threatening VMware's lead in the virtualization market.
- InfoQ: Christophe Coenraets Discusses Flex 3, AIR, and BlazeDS – In this interview from QCon London 2008, Christophe Coenraets discusses Flex 3, Flex Builder, AIR, BlazeDS, the move towards open source at Adobe, how to integrate Flex with existing applications, and the challenges of integrating Rich Internet Applicatio
- Copy your files faster with TeraCopy – TeraCopy is a compact program designed to copy and move files at the maximum possible speed. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
- Java Performance Tuning: A Conversation With Java Champion Kirk Pepperdine – A Java Champion since September 2005, Kirk Pepperdine is a primary contributor to javaperformancetuning.com, which is widely regarded as the premier site for Java performance tuning information, and is the coauthor of Ant Developer's Handbook.
Daily del.icio.us for July 20th through July 25th