- Sun Bundles MySQL Database, GlassFish App Server — Sun Microsystems — InformationWeek – In one of the first results of its $1 billion purchase of MySQL, Sun Microsystems (NSDQ: JAVA) has packaged the popular open source database with its GlassFish application server and is offering the two as a $65,000-per-year bundle.
- InfoQ: Mark Little on Transactions, Web Services and REST – In this interview, recorded at QCon London 2008, Red Hat Director of Standards and Technical Development Manager for the SOA platform Mark Little talks about extended transaction models, the history of transaction standardization, their role for web servi
- ScreenSteps: Rapid Documentation Tool – ScreenSteps takes the drudgery out of creating visual, step-by-step software tutorials/guides. With ScreenSteps you can communicate software instructions clearly and quickly.
- Vespa: A better MVC » Semicolon – Vespa is a refinement of the old MVC (Model View Controller) architectural pattern that better reflects how Web applications actually work. I have refined the basic MVC pattern in light of typical usage patterns I’ve encountered
- Featured Windows Download: iSpring Converts PowerPoint Presentations to Flash Video – Freeware PowerPoint plug-in iSpring converts your PowerPoint presentation to an interactive Flash video with the click of a button. The exported movie even preserves all of your slide transitions, animations, and hyperlinks
- Google Code Blog: OAuth Available for Google Data APIs – We love open standards, and we've just added support for a new one: OAuth is now supported on all of the APIs. OAuth is an open standard for authentication that allows applications to authenticate users without ever directly handling usernames/passwords
- InfoQ: Kilim – actors and message passing in Java – Kilim is a message-passing framework for Java that claims provides ultra-lightweight threads and facilities for fast, safe, zero-copy messaging between these threads.
- Andrew Peters’ Blog » Blog Archive » My Language of the Year – Erlang is important because it combines both functional and concurrency-oriented programming models in a very powerful way. Specifically, it turns out that the Erlang approach is ideal for harnessing the power of multi-core CPUs.
- dragtable – Drag and drop HTML table headers to reorder columns using a simple interface similar to sorttable. – Once you include this script, you can give an HTML table drag-and-drop reorderable columns by setting "class=draggable". dragtable can be combined with sorttable by setting 'class="draggable sortable"', thus producing highly interactive HTML tables
Daily del.icio.us for June 29th