- 5 Lightweight Alternatives to Apache and IIS Web Servers – There are many excellent web servers available that provide a high-performance alternative to Apache and IIS
- JetBrains .NET Tools Blog » dotPeek – Free .NET Decompiler is Available for Early Access – The long-awaited free standalone .NET decompiler from JetBrains goes public today: please welcome JetBrains dotPeek!
- How Garbage Collection differs in the three big JVMs Application Performance, Scalability and Architecture – The dynaTrace Blog – We see that while the three JVMs are essentially trying to achieve the same goal, they do so via different strategies. This leads to different behaviour that needs tuning.
- Courses – Google Code University – Google Code – Here is a list of courses and innovative resources to help CS students, faculty, and instructors. These are examples of the training Google engineers use to learn new skills.
- The MongoDB NoSQL Database Blog – MongoDB Powering MTV’s Web Properties – An interview with Jeff Yemin, Director of Content Management Systems at MTV Networks and a presenter at the upcoming MongoNYC conference.
- FunctionSource: Google Chrome Store and Angry Birds; GWT, WebGL, Canvas, and 95% – I am curious to see what Rovio leveraged when building the app with GWT. Is much of their Android codebase in there (given that although Java, the lower level platform is quite different
- Typesafe – A 100% open source, integrated distribution offering Scala, Akka, sbt, and the Scala plugin for Eclipse – The Typesafe Stack is a modern software platform that makes it easy for developers to build scalable software applications. It combines the Scala programming language, Akka middleware, and robust developer tools in a simple package that integrates seamlessly with existing Java infrastructure.
- Why Facebook Needs Sheryl Sandberg – BusinessWeek – Mark Zuckerberg's second-in-command provides "adult supervision" at the company, trying to keep growth at an optimum level
- gwt-voices – Sound Library for Google-Web-Toolkit (GWT) – Google Project Hosting – Library providing easy to use cross-platform browser sound capabilities to Google Web Toolkit (GWT) projects.
Links for May 11th through May 13th