- Computing | Down on the server farm | Economist.com – One day soon, these “virtual machines” may migrate to wherever computing power is cheapest, or energy is greenest. Then computing will have become a true utility—and it will no longer be apt to talk of computing clouds, so much as of a computing atm
- InfoQ: Integrate Flex with Spring Framework – A key to project success is creating an architecture that new developers can rapidly integrate themselves into and begin to be productive on day 1. Flex with Spring, iBATIS, & Cairngorm help me to quickly produce a patterned- based, repeatable architectur
- New Adventures in Software » Visual SourceSafe: A Public Service Announcement – “Visual SourceSafe? It would be safer to print out all your code, run it through a shredder, and set it on fire.” – (Attributed to an unidentified Microsoft employee).
- SSIS Junkie : SSIS: Suggested Best Practices and naming conventions – I thought it would be worth publishing a list of guidelines that I see as SSIS development best practices. These are my own opinions and are based upon my experience of using SSIS over the past 18 months. I am not saying you should take them as gospel but
- IntelliJ IDEA Blog » Blog Archive » Neal Ford Advises on Boosting Developer’s Productivity – Neal tells you how you can become more accustomed with the shortcuts, get used to using them in the daily routine, and demonstrates the magic of different key combinations while coding with IntelliJ IDEA.
- Twitter Technology Blog: Twittering About Architecture – Twitter is, fundamentally, a messaging system. Twitter was not architected as a messaging system, however. For expediency's sake, Twitter was built with technologies and practices that are more appropriate to a content management system
- Enterprise Java Community: Extending Spring LDAP with an iBATIS-style XML Data Mapper – This article explains how to extend Spring-LDAP with an iBATIS-style XML Data Mapper to access LDAP data through intuitive JavaBean operations.
- About – XML Hammer – The XML Hammer application is a free and open-source tool that simplifies elementary XML actions like checking for well-formedness, validation, transformation and xpath searches using any JAXP implementation.
- Novell, Red Hat upgrade Linux offerings – LinuxWorld – Novell released SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 Service Pack 2 (SP2), while Red Hat shipped Version 5.2 of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Both vendors added improvements on the desktop and the server. There were many areas of overlap, especially with virtualization.
- JasperReports: 3.0.0 released – JasperReports, the market leading open source business intelligence and reporting engine. This project is being moved to http://www.jasperforge.org/. This project is the home for all things Jasper, Reports, Analysis, Server, and Intelligence.
Daily del.icio.us for May 20th through May 24th