- Why Barack Obama Is Winning – TIME – He has done this by introducing a quality to American politics that we haven't seen in quite some time: maturity
- The Database Programmer: Minimize Code, Maximize Data – The rule "Minimize Code, Maximize Data" has positive impacts and the coding process, the debugging process, the maintenance process, and the user experience. Since that covers all parties concerned with software development, it is safe to conclude that this is a crucial design concept
- Amazon’s Kindle obsession: Bury the printed book | Outside the Lines – CNET News – Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos loves to talk about the Kindle e-book reader. He's even got media mogul Oprah Winfrey pitching the device: "I'm telling you, it is absolutely my new favorite thing in the world," she recently said.
- Barack Obama for President – Editorial Board Endorsement – NYTimes.com – After nearly two years of a grueling and ugly campaign, Senator Barack Obama of Illinois has proved that he is the right choice to be the 44th president of the United States.
- Better Design Through Code – I titled the 50-minute talk "Better Design Through Code" and walk through latent capabilities of servers and browsers ready and waiting to deliver personalized, adaptive content to unique Web visitors.
- Advanced Message Queuing Protocol – Advanced Message Queuing Protocol – AMQP is an open Internet Protocol for Business Messaging. In response to the needs of its members and market demand the AMQP Working Group are collaborating on specifications for messaging infrastructure that provides businesses with a simple and more powerful way of connecting messaging dependent applications both within and between firms. The resulting specifications are published here under royalty-free terms.
- Security Flaw Is Revealed in T-Mobile’s Google Phone – NYTimes.com – Just days after the T-Mobile G1 smartphone went on the market, a group of security researchers have found what they call a serious flaw in the Android software from Google that runs it.
- Sun Loses Co-Founder to Start-Up – NYTimes.com – Mr. Bechtolsheim’s new company, Arista Networks, has built an ultra-fast network switch that costs one-tenth the price of similar products from Cisco
Daily del.icio.us for October 23rd through October 25th