- Sencha Touch – An Introduction to Carousels on Vimeo – Drew Neil (@nelstrom) demonstrates how to use Sencha Touch to create carousel-based apps, such as this artist's portfolio.
- YouTube – Rod Johnson Says Java Can Learn Loads from the Rails Community – Rod Johnson, tells interviewer Cameron McKenzie that Java developers have a lot to learn from the Rails community. The response came from a question about what it would take for the enterprise Java community to eagerly adopt cloud based technologies like vFabric and the up and coming Code2Cloud initiative.
- The MongoDB NoSQL Database Blog – Getting started with VMware CloudFoundry, MongoDB and Node.js – Following up from our previous post we’re posting up a quick how-to for using Node.JS, CloudFoundry and MongoDB together. Our end goal here is to build a simple web app that records visits and provides a reporting screen for the last 10 visits.
- GWT Dependency Injection recipes using GIN (II) » Canoo RIA Blog – In this article, we have applied new dependency injection recipes to our GWT demo application. I hope that they can help you give a better structure to your GWT applications and also learn dependency injection features and its “best practices”.
- Sencha Touch – Intro to Listeners – Drew Neil (@nelstrom) describes the basics of how listeners work in Sencha Touch. This tutorial is perfect for beginners who want to understand how to create custom behavior and functionality inside their Sencha Touch mobile app.
- Teach your team some Git! Experiences of a team lead who cares. / unfoldthat.com – Git is not for cowards, so decide quickly and proceed – or not.
- Peter’s blog: It’s official: developers get better with age. And scarcer. – It's official: developers get better with age. And scarcer.
- Initializr – Start your HTML5 project in 15 seconds! – Initializr is an HTML5 templates generator to help you getting started with an HTML5 project. It is built on HTML5 Boilerplate, a powerful HTML5 template created by Paul Irish and Divya Manian. Initializr will generate for you a clean customizable template based on Boilerplate with just what you need to start.
- Spiffy UI Framework – REST, Security, and Rapid Development for GWT – Spiffy UI Framework – REST, Security, and Rapid Development for GWT
- Live from Las Vegas – How iCloud works with a shared Apple ID – To sum it up, it is still possible to use iCloud for your personal stuff, but a shared Apple ID for you and your family. For me, the key was to skip the automated iCloud setup at the iOS welcome walk-through.
Links for June 11th through June 16th