- What is Apache Hadoop? – A look at the components and functions of the Hadoop ecosystem – What is Apache Hadoop? – A look at the components and functions of the Hadoop ecosystem
- Ext GWT 3.0 State API | Blog | Sencha – The Ext GWT 3.0 State API provides the ability to persist state information. The API supports saving state data to different persistence providers. These include providers based on cookies and HTML5 local storage.
- PhoneGap Releases Version 1.3 With Full Windows Phone Support – PhoneGap is turning 1.3 today. There are a plethora of new features, tools and controls across five platforms in the new PhoneGap release. Biggest among these is Windows Phone's support of all PhoneGap features, a first for any mobile platform that is not iOS or Android.
- Dive into DataView with Sencha Touch 2 Beta 2 | Blog | Sencha – The enhanced DataView in Sencha Touch 2 Beta 2 makes it easy to build complex data bound lists.
- HeapAudit – JVM Memory Profiler for the Real World | Foursquare Engineering Blog – HeapAudit is not a monitoring tool, but rather an engineering tool that collects actionable data – information sufficient for directly making code change improvements. It is created for the real world, applicable to live running production servers.
- App Economy has created almost half a million jobs — Tech News and Analysis – A new report suggests that the nascent app economy spurred on by iOS, Android and Facebook apps has generated 466,000 jobs in the U.S. economy since 2007.
- Spring Mobile 1.0.0.RC1 Released | SpringSource.org – Spring Mobile provides extensions to Spring MVC that aid in the development of cross-platform mobile web applications. The 1.0.0.RC1 release ships a general facility for user site preference management that can be used independently or in conjunction with the mobile site switcher
- Ruby Trick Shots: A Video of 24 Ruby Tips and Tricks – Over the years, I've saved the Ruby techniques that have surprised other Rubyists I know. Now past 100, I'm making an e-book of them! It'll be free in all forms
- InfoQ: The Seven Deadly Sins of Enterprise Agile Adoption – Sanjiv Augustine and Arlen Bankston discuss the Seven Deadly Sins that organizations repeatedly make so you can steer clear of them and benefit from a successful Enterprise Agile Adoption.
- The Object Network: Linking up our APIs – Instead of writing a whole new, dedicated HTTP API to your site, publish your data using common JSON object formats, and link your data up, both within your own sites and to other sites. Become part of a global Object Network!
- InfoQ: Questions for an Enterprise Architect – Erik Dörnenburg answers: What is Enterprise and Evolutionary Architecture?, discussing 4 issues: Turning strategy into execution, Ensuring conformance, Where do the architects sit? Buying or building?
- InfoQ: Writing Applications for Cloud Foundry Using Spring and MongoDB – Thomas Risberg and Jared Rosoff show how to create Spring applications using Spring Data and MongoDB, applications deployed on Cloud Foundry.
- Bootstrap, from Twitter – HTML, CSS, and JS toolkit from Twitter – Bootstrap is Twitter's toolkit for kickstarting CSS for websites, apps, and more. It includes base CSS styles for typography, forms, buttons, tables, grids, navigation, alerts, and more.
Links for February 1st through February 9th