- Google Goggles ‘visual search’ arrives for Android | News | TechRadar UK – Google has announced a visual search application for Android phones called Google Goggles, allowing users to point their phone at anything, from buildings and landmarks to business cards and papers and search for it.
- SpringSource, Oracle To Back Modular Eclipse Project for Java — Application Development Trends – The module-based design principles defined by the OSGi have emerged as the de facto means of componentizing enterprise Java, said Michael Coté, industry analyst at RedMonk
- Official Google Blog: Introducing Google Public DNS – Today, as part of our ongoing effort to make the web faster, we're launching our own public DNS resolver called Google Public DNS, and we invite you to try it out.
- SpringFuse – Getting Started Tutorial – In this tutorial you are going to learn how to generate your first Java/Spring/Hibernate based project using Springfuse. All in all, you should not type more than 3 commands from your console to have your first project running.
- InfoQ: Service Orientation Requires Data Orientation – In his follow-up post, Ash discuses practical approaches to data-orienting a service-oriented infrastructure. He outlines several prescriptive recommendations providing a holistic solution to a data integration problem for an enterprise:
- InfoQ: Beginning an SOA Initiative – Ian Robinson on what organizational and social issues should be addressed when starting a new SOA project by identifying business capabilities using user stories, describing services and their contracts, and how to set up teams for delivery.
- InfoQ: "SOA Governance" Revitalized – Miko Matsumura discusses why people are pursuing SOA, whether SOA is dead, what SOA Governance is, the relationship to SOA itself, how it differs from management, and how SOA differs from integration.
- George Dawoud’s Blog: Java + Spring + MediaWiki = JAMWiki – JAMWiki is a Wiki engine implemented using Java/JSP that attempts to provide much of the functionality of MediaWiki. It can be run with or without a database and is designed to be fast and easy to set up.
- Java Code generation for Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Web Flow, JPA &Hibernate – Springfuse generates in a few seconds, Java Web applications that leverage Open Source technologies and standards. Springfuse uses the structure of your database as an entry point. The generation process is done in 3 easy steps.
- The Disco Blog » Blog Archive » To EasyMock or to Mockito? – While I’m only scratching the surface of features available in both libraries, Mockito’s API is more in tuned with my way of thinking
Daily del.icio.us for December 2nd through December 7th