- InfoQ: Agile and Architecture Conflict – There is a constant tussle between following Agile techniques and still managing to do enterprise architecture. While Agile development focuses on adjusting the design and plan as more insight is gained into the domain, architecture establishes the technology stack. It addresses the quality attributes and communicates to the interested stakeholders. Combination of the two is successful when agile techniques are leveraged to drive towards the desired architecture.
- The MongoDB NoSQL Database Blog – MongoDB 2.0 Released – The MongoDB development team is pleased to announce the release of version 2.0.0. Version 2.0 is the latest stable release, following the March 2011 release of version 1.8. This release includes many new features, improvements to existing features, and performance enhancements.
- dzone.com – Spring Social 1.0: What a Year Makes – It’s been an exciting year leading up to Spring Social 1.0, and there is a lot to be excited about with this big release. Now that we have a strong, stable foundation, I’m looking forward to seeing where Spring Social goes from here.
- Refactoring in IntelliJ IDEA, Live by Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob) | JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Blog – A live refactoring demo performed by the legendary software expert himself. He’s, of course, using IntelliJ IDEA!
- Pow: Zero-configuration Rack server for Mac OS X – Pow is a zero-config Rack server for Mac OS X. Have it serving your apps locally in under a minute
- A Powerful Obama Speech By Mohamed El-Erian CEO and Co-CIO, Pimco – Judging from President Obama's impactful speech this evening, the Administration has at long last recognized the severity of America's unemployment crisis and the need for a comprehensive policy response.
Links for September 10th through September 12th