- PyCon 2011: How Dropbox Did It and How Python Helped – PyCon US Videos – 2009, 2010, 2011 – blip.tv – This talk will give an overview of the first two years of Dropbox, the team formation, our early guiding principles and philosophies, what worked for us and what we learned while building the company and engineering infrastructure. It will also cover why Python was essential to the success of the project and the rough edges we had to overcome to make it our long term programming environment and runtime
- High Scalability – High Scalability – 6 Lessons from Dropbox – One Million Files Saved Every 15 minutes – Dropbox saves one million files every 15 minutes, more tweets than even Twitterers tweet
- Microsoft SQL Azure vs. Amazon RDS – DevelopMentor – There are two major differences between the Microsoft SQL Azure and Amazon RDS platforms: pricing and capabilities. If price is no object and the user wants full features and high performance, then RDS is the obvious choice
- InfoQ: Adopting Apache Cassandra – Eben Hewitt introduces the Apache Cassandra project to those interested in getting a quick clear picture of what Cassandra is, what are its main features, what is the the data model used and the API.
- codeartisan: RSA Public Key Cryptography in Java – Public key cryptography is a well-known concept, but for some reason the JCE (Java Cryptography Extensions) documentation doesn't at all make it clear how to interoperate with common public key formats such as those produced by openssl
- Google Web Toolkit Blog: Update on GWT support for IE9 – In keeping with the GWT philosophy of making it possible to write no-compromise AJAX in any modern browser, GWT 2.3 (in progress) will support IE9
- kryo.se: iodine (IP-over-DNS, IPv4 over DNS tunnel) – iodine lets you tunnel IPv4 data through a DNS server. This can be usable in different situations where internet access is firewalled, but DNS queries are allowed.
- Shearing FireSheep with the Cloud | Stratum Security Blog – Quite simply, the solution I came up with was to create an EC2 instance with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS server and setup OpenVPN and SideStep. This allows me to route all of my traffic over an SSL or SSH VPN to my EC2 instance and then out to the Internet.
- Learn Scala the Fun Way: With Processing – Processing is a simple programming language for creating visualizations. It's meant to be easy for non-programmers to learn. Artists can use Processing to create generative at programs known as sketches
- iPhone vs. Android – 45,000 Tests Prove Whose Browser is Faster | Blaze.io – Android’s browser is faster. MUCH faster. On average, Android 2.3 was a 52% faster than iPhone 4.3, with a median load time of 2.144 seconds vs. iPhone’s median load time of 3.254 seconds
Daily del.icio.us for March 17th through March 19th