- History of McCain for President – Post-Election John McCain Biography – Esquire – As Barack Obama takes the presidency, the reporter with intimate access to John McCain for two years takes a somber look back at where man gives way to politician.
- Digg – 700 Covers For Obama From Around The World – 700 newspaper front pages from all over the world, the day after Barack Obama was elected 44th president of the United States.
- AMD, Red Hat demo VM migration between AMD, Intel servers | InfoWorld | News | 2008-11-06 | – In Thursday's demonstration, AMD moves a live VM from an dual socket Intel Xeon DP Quad Core E5420-based system to one based on AMD's forthcoming 45nm Quad-Core Opteron processor, using Red Hat open-source virtualization software
- Sun shines dimly in Big Blue’s shadow |Fatal Exception | Neil McAllister | InfoWorld – As Rich Green says, the key will be not just delivering products and professional services, but doing so with better ROI than anyone else. Sun needs to convince its customers not merely that it offers an impressive product and service portfolio, but that it can be as valuable a partner as IBM. Until it can do that, Sun is going to have a hard time crawling out from under Big Blue's shadow.
- Change.gov – "Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today." – President-Elect Barack Obama
- Op-Ed Columnist – Bring on the Puppy and the Rookie – NYTimes.com – Promising to also be president for those who opposed him, Obama quoted Lincoln, his political idol and the man who ended slavery: “We are not enemies, but friends — though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection.”
- Wicket: A simplified framework for building and testing dynamic Web pages – Wicket provides an object-oriented approach toward developing dynamic Web-based UI applications. Because Wicket is pure Java™ and HTML code, you can leverage your knowledge about Java to write applications based on Wicket, dramatically reducing your development time. This article gives you an overview of Wicket and describes how you can use Wicket to rapidly build Web-based applications in a non-intrusive and simplified way
- Reassessing the Dangers of BPA in Plastics – TIME – There's no denying that bisphenol A (BPA), the latest headline-making toxin, is ubiquitous — it's in hard plastic water bottles, the lining of food and beverage cans and, most disturbingly, the plastic baby bottles that most parents commonly use. What's less clear, however, is exactly what effect BPA has on human health
- My Top List of Java Tools | Javalobby – Lack of imagination is one of our worst sins as software developers. We do the same things over and over again, but we rarely modify our ways: me at least. After some years, these are the tools that made it into my tricks box for everyday tasks. Tiresome operations are not my thing
- BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula One | Hamilton targets title hat-trick – New world champion Lewis Hamilton has told BBC Sport he wants to claim the Formula One title three times.
The 23-year-old British driver said he has no intention of chasing Michael Schumacher's record seven F1 triumphs
- JUnit and EasyMock | Refcardz – JUnit and EasyMock are the predominant choices for testing tools in the Java space. This reference card will guide you through the creation of unit tests with JUnit and EasyMock. It contains detailed definitions for unit testing and mock objects as well as a description of the lifecycle of each. The APIs for both JUnit and EasyMock are covered thoroughly so you can utilize these tools to their fullest extent.
- Joe on Computing : A maze of twisty little Java web service standards, all alike – It’s almost impossible to keep up with all the fractal-like Java standards related to web services. As fast as each can be learned, Sun invents another, and a dozen open source implementations appear. For my own sanity I tried to create a rough map of some of them. I tried to avoid making recommendations; my main objective was to sketch out how they fit together. I also focused on the open source options; there are many good commercial implementations of all of these too.
- The Atlassian Blog – Come with me a on Magic Quadrant Ride – Gartner's popular Magic Quadrant for Social Software 2008 is out and Atlassian scored huge on the survey. Atlassian was recognized at the top as a leading company in the market for social software and team collaboration, based on our vision and execution
Daily del.icio.us for November 5th through November 6th