- Times Skimmer by The New York Times – The New York Times announced today the release of Times Skimmer, a new application for NYTimes.com that provides online readers with the layout and experience of paging through a newspaper, making it easy to browse through headlines and discover stories deep within sections of the Web site.
- Paul Kedrosky and Brad Feld: Start-up Visas Can Jump-Start the Economy – WSJ.com – Immigrants have not only founded big, well-known companies. Foreign-born residents made up just 12.5% of the U.S. population in 2008. But nearly 40% of technology company founders and 52% of founders of companies in Silicon Valley
- GraniteDS Projects with IntelliJ IDEA 9 | JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Blog – GraniteDS technology allows to create enterprise web applications with Flex at client side and Java at server side. With IntelliJ IDEA you can develop GraniteDS projects with complete coding assistance both for Flex and Java, compile, deploy, run, and debug both client and server side in just few clicks!
- Journal of Eivind Uggedal: VPS Performance Comparison – Summarizing the benchmarks gives us one clear winner: Linode. 32-bit gave the best results on the Unixbench runs while 64-bit was fastest on the Django and database tests
- Paul Buchheit: So I finally tried Wave… – I don't know what Google has planned for Wave or Gmail, but if I were them I would continue improving Wave, and then once it's ready for the whole world to use, integrate it into Gmail
- synergy-plus – Project Hosting on Google Code – Synergy+ (synergy-plus) lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems, without special hardware. All you need is a LAN connection. It's intended for users with multiple computers, where each system uses its own display. It's a little like having a 2nd or a 3rd desktop…
- It’s Thanksgiving: Here is what we have been cooking up for Ehcache « Greg Luck’s Blog – Once again, as with the OpenJPA ehcache provider can take you all the way along the scale continuum. We should have this released in the next week
- JPA Under The Hood – Understanding the Dynamics of Your JPA Framework Performance, Scalability and Architecture – Java and .NET Application Performance Management (dynaTrace Blog) – I recently gave a talks on the behaviour of different JPA frameworks at W-JAX(Germany) and TheServerSide Java Symposium (Prague). The goal of my experiment was to compare different JPA frameworks regarding their runtime characteristics
- New language features in Java 7 « JoeJag :: Tech – I’m just back from the Devoxx conference in Antwerp. An update was given on the new language changes that will be in Java 7. The JDK currently has a release date of September 2010.
Daily del.icio.us for November 24th through December 2nd