- InfoQ: ActionScript 3 Site Framework – Fosfr – There are many different approaches to develop RIA based web sites. Flash sites are particular appealing to businesses or individuals involving in rich media contents. Fosfr is an ActionScript 3 site framework that is developed to build full Flash site. InfoQ interviewed Fosfr creator, Jeff DePascale, to learn more about the insights
- Video: Google Web Toolkit: An Introduction by TheServerSide.com – This session teaches you the basics of Google Web Toolkit, How to implement Ajax-enabled applications in Java, Internationalization, Hooking into the browser history mechanism, Remote procedure calls.
- InfoQ: REST is a style — WOA is the architecture. – Dion Hinchcliffe recently offered two related articles that explore relationships between Web Oriented Architecture (WOA) and other technologies. The first deals with WOA and REST; the second looks at WOA and SOA. The main point of the first article: REST is a style and WOA is the architecture. The second article argues that WOA is really a highly complimentary sub-style of SOA and explores the implications of this simple observation.
- JavaFX squares off against AJAX | Developer World – InfoWorld – In a mock debate focused on the rich Internet application development realm, AJAX was pitted against Sun Microsystems' JavaFX Friday, with proponents for both technologies pointing up their entrant's high points and the low points of their rival.
- Google Translator Toolkit – Google Translator Toolkit is a new service that lets you translate documents by editing the translations automatically generated by Google. "Google Translator Toolkit allows human translators to work faster and more accurately, aided by technologies like Google Translate."
- The Joy of Less – Happy Days Blog – NYTimes.com – If you’re the kind of person who prefers freedom to security, who feels more comfortable in a small room than a large one and who finds that happiness comes from matching your wants to your needs, then running to stand still isn’t where your joy lies.
- Stephen Colbert Takes His Show on the Road to Baghdad – NYTimes.com – It was Sunday night in Baghdad, and President Obama was ordering Gen. Ray Odierno, the commander of the American troops here, to shave Stephen Colbert’s head
- Gizmodo – iPhone 3GS Complete Feature Guide – apple iphone 3gs – The iPhone 3GS has a new processor built-in. Apple claims that it is up to two times faster than the previous generation: Launching messages is 2.1 faster, load the NY Times in Safari: 2.9 times faster. It also consumes less, which has an impact on the improved battery life.
- Apple – Mac OS X Snow Leopard – Enhancements and Refinements – Mac OS X Snow Leopard includes refinements, both big and small, to
a wide range of applications, processes, and interface elements.
- Study Highlights SOA Herd Mentality — Application Development Trends – Gartner suggests that SOA adopters start small, identifying specific business benefits and focusing, as part of an iterative effort, on achieving them.
Daily del.icio.us for June 8th through June 9th