- Enterprise Java Community: Pondering About JSR-135, the New Servlet 3.0 Specification – Now there is a new specification coming, Servlet 3.0 (JSR-315). The Early Draft of this specification features some new really neat features, and in my opinion some mistakes. In this article I'm going to show the new additions to the EOD (ease of development), comment on them, and try to improve them
- InfoQ: Manager’s Introduction to Test-Driven Development – Dave Nicolette and Karl Scotland try to introduce non-technical managers to one of the most popular Agile development techniques: Test-Driven Development (TDD). The presentation intends to be a primer for managers who want to understand the value of TDD, and of Agile in general, in software development.
- Jean-Francois Arcand’s Blog: Writing a Twitter like application using Grizzly Comet part 1: The Servlet – Jean-Francois Arcand illustrates how to use the Grizzly Comet implementation and create a similar twitter like application in 150 lines of Java code.
- BBC NEWS | Technology | Wireless turns iPod into a phone – A freeware application for the iPod Touch can turn the music player into a virtual mobile phone. Truphone uses wi-fi technology in an iPod Touch to allow users to make calls to other iPod Touch owners and Google Talk's messaging service users
- Did Coldplay rip off Joe Satriani? | PopWatch Blog | EW.com – Coldplay have been called many things, but Joe Satriani wannabes? That's a new one, and it's apparently what the chrome-domed axe man himself is claiming in a new lawsuit. Satriani accuses Coldplay of ganking the riff from his 2004 instrumental "If I Could Fly" for their hit single "Viva La Vida.
- Project Deploy* | Choose, Bookmark, Deploy – Deploy* is a free, open source, web application which allows user to quickly deploy a web project framework with valid XHTML and CSS in only a matter of seconds.
- InfoQ: IronRuby moves to Github – Microsoft recently announced they had moved their IronRuby project to GitHub. The announcement, like many projects these days, shows the project moving from its current Subversion repository to a Git repository located on Github
- Around the World in 116 Beers | Sloshspot Blog – Beer is by far the most popular beverage in the universe. Well, at least in the world. Have you ever wondered what countries produced beer, and what the most popular domestically produced beers were in these countries?
- JDbMonitor – Monitor JDBC Performance For Slow SQL Queries – JDbMonitor is a tool to monitor & analyse database performance for any Java application.
Easily determine your application's database performance and analyse problems down to specific SQL statement.
- Flex Developer’s Toolbox : Free Components, Themes and Tutorials | Noupe – In today’s post we provide you with some essential Flex resources – Flex components, Flex Skins & Themes, Online Flex Apps, Flex Frameworks and Flex Tutorials.
Daily del.icio.us for December 2nd through December 6th