- Google releases new Google Voice for iPhone | Reuters – Google Inc unveiled a new version of its Internet phone service on Tuesday in its latest effort to bypass Apple Inc's gatekeepers and make Google Voice a popular service on the iPhone.
- Google Voice Blog: Google Voice for iPhone and Palm WebOS – Today we are launching a new Google Voice mobile web app for iPhone OS 3.0 and higher and Palm Web OS devices, harnessing the power of HTML5, a new web technology that makes it possible to run faster, richer web-based applications right in the browser.
- Ajax Simplifications in Spring 3.0 | SpringSource Team Blog – Spring 3 provides first-class Ajax support with JSON as part of the Spring MVC module. This includes support for generating JSON responses and binding JSON requests using the Spring MVC @Controller programming model in conjunction with the Jackson JSON processor
- IDC: Android to overtake iPhone, BlackBerry by 2013 | Electronista – Android will rise to be the second most used mobile OS in the world by 2013, according to a new IDC estimate
- Learn from my misery: Don’t buy a nook. – Massively Parallel Procrastination – Somewhat coincidentally, Amazon announced the Official Kindle SDK this week. If you want a hackable linux-based ebook reader with a great user experience and great customer support, buy a Kindle. (Yes, I make money if you click that link. Actually, if just four people buy Kindles because of this post, I end up with the $100 Barnes & Noble stiffed me.)
- Don’t Underestimate India’s Consumers – BusinessWeek – India's bottom-up private sector model, for all its chaos and bureaucracy, provides a stark contrast. While the nation badly needs infrastructure, its consumers are in a far better position to spend. India can now boast of an overwhelmingly independent middle class about 300 million strong, vs. China's 100 million to 200 million
- The Quants: Formula for a Meltdown – WSJ.com – In his new book, "The Quants," Wall Street Journal reporter Scott Patterson suggests how this new breed of mathematicians and computer scientists took over much of the financial system—and the damage they inflicted in the 2007 meltdown
- Google Voice (by Google) – Google Chrome extension gallery – Notifies you of new messages and gives you quick access to calling and free SMS via Google Voice
- InfoQ: Doug Lea Discusses the Fork/Join Framework – Doug Lea talks to InfoQ about the evolution of the Fork/Join Framework, the new features planned for java.util.concurrent in Java 7, and the "Extra 166" package
- WordPress Foundation | – The WordPress Foundation is a charitable organization founded by Matt Mullenweg to further the mission of the WordPress open source project: to democratize publishing through Open Source, GPL software.
- VMware Communities: VMware vCloud API – The vCloud API is an interface for providing and consuming virtual resources from the cloud. It enables deploying and managing virtualized workloads in internal and external clouds. The vCloud API allows for upload and download of vApps along with their instantiation, deployment and operation.
- Cloud and open source meet to test Web apps | Software, Interrupted – CNET News – With more applications being built for the Web, cross-browser testing is crucial to application performance. More than 2 million people have turned to an open-source, cross-browser testing platform called Selenium, to solve this problem.
- iSites Create your app right now. Revise on the fly. – iSites enables you to create and self-manage apps for multiple smart phones (iPhone, Android) from one place.
- Apache Pivot – Pivot applications are written using a combination of Java and XML and can be run either as an applet or as a standalone (optionally offline) desktop application
Daily del.icio.us for January 19th through January 26th