- InfoQ: Gartner Vendor Report: Application Infrastructure For Systematic SOA-Style Application Projects – Gartner recently released a report where they examine and evaluate the ability of leading application infrastructure providers/vendors to provide organizations with complete end-to-end support for for Systematic SOA-Style applications and projects.
- Set Up and Get to Know Your New Mac – You've taken your requisite Apple product unboxing video and boasted about your brand new Mac on Facebook, but now it's time to get down to business. Whether you're new to the Mac or not, here's how to set up and get started
- How IntelliJ IDEA Won Me Over | Galder’s Passionate Blog – It’s almost a year since I stopped using Eclipse as my main Java IDE and started using IntelliJ IDEA instead. Ever since I’ve been meaning to write this pos
- Bozho’s tech blog » Why startups should not choose NoSQL – The NoSQL hype is omnipresent. And many startups are tempted to go for Cassandra/MongoDB/HBase/Redis/… . Here I’ll argue why they should rather stick to a SQL solution – MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Agile Glossary – AccuRev has released a glossary of terms for agile software development, intending to accelerate the adoption of agile practices in enterprises.
- InfoQ: Using a Service Bus to Connect the Supply Chain – Peter Paul van de Beek presents a case study of using a service bus in a supply channel connecting a wholesale supplier with hundreds of retailers, the overall context and challenges faced – including the integration of POS software coming from different software providers-, the solution chosen and its implementation, how it worked out and the lessons learned along the way.
- Chinese and Indian Entrepreneurs Are Eating America’s Lunch – By Vivek Wadhwa | Foreign Policy – Watch out, Silicon Valley: China and India aren't just graduating bad engineers and stealing intellectual property anymore. They're fostering innovations that will shake the world
- Forking will become normal in 2011, so get ready for GitHub | Open Source – InfoWorld – The growing use of distributed version-control systems can't be ignored in your enterprise; plan ahead to keep your developers happy in 2011
- Redis – Redis is an open source, advanced key-value store. It is often referred to as a data structure server since keys can contain strings, hashes, lists, sets and sorted sets.
- Opt Out of Behavioral Advertising – The NAI Opt-out Tool was developed in conjunction with our members for the express purpose of allowing consumers to "opt out" of the behavioral advertising delivered by our member companies.
Daily del.icio.us for December 28th through December 29th