- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error
- Microsoft CEO Ballmer Announces SharePoint Server 2010, Office 2010 Beta – Teper also hinted that more business intelligence will be integrated into SharePoint Server 2010, courtesy of Microsoft’s acquisition of business-intelligence software maker ProClarity in April 2006
- Droid, the phone that finally lets me cancel my iPhone — here’s why | VentureBeat – A new phone called Droid is about to hit the market at the end of October, and it will likely have the glitz and power to bury the iPhone
- Java VisualVM – Developer`s Nightmare is Over – VisualVM is an open source tool for monitoring and profiling your Java applications. VisualVM is now integrated with JDK 6 update 7 release and also available as a stand-alone setup. Java 7 plans to integrate next version 1.2.
- InfoQ: Solving SOA Problems by Merging It with WOA – Web-Oriented Architecture (WOA)… [is] a parallel "track" for SOA that's evolved organically in the wilds of the online world to meet many of the same challenges that we have in our organizations today.
- InfoQ: Software Testing With Spring Framework – This article provides an overview of the support provided by Spring framework in the areas of unit and integration testing. I will use a sample loan processing web application to help the readers in implementing an Agile Testing framework in a typical Java EE application and how to use Spring test classes to test the application functionality.
- InfoQ: Practices from “SOA Principles of Service Design” by Thomas Erl – “SOA Principles of Service Design” by Thomas Erl is an encyclopedia of service design principles needed to build SOA solutions. This article contains three supporting practices taken from the book: Service Profiles, Vocabularies, and Organizational Roles
- Wolfram|Alpha Webservice API – The Wolfram|Alpha API gives you access to the Wolfram|Alpha platform at all levels—from individual results to complete Wolfram|Alpha output pages. The API operates as a high-performance REST-style webservice, with convenient bindings for all popular languages and platforms.
- Video on the Web – Dive Into HTML5 – You may think of video files as “AVI files” or “MP4 files.” In reality, “AVI” and “MP4″ are just container formats. Just like a ZIP file can contain any sort of file within it, video container formats only define HOW to store things within them, not WHAT kinds of data are stored
- State of the Art – With a Private MiFi Hot Spot, Be Online Wherever You Like – NYTimes.com – When you turn on your MiFi and wait 30 seconds, it provides a personal, portable, powerful, password-protected wireless hot spot.
- Wolfram|Alpha Blog : The Computers Powering Computable Knowledge – Two supercomputers, just about 10,000 processor cores, hundreds of terabytes of disks, a heck of a lot of bandwidth, and what seems like enough air conditioning for the Sahara to host a ski resort
- A World of Cables, Unknotted – The New York Times > Personal Tech > Slide Show – Cables are important, but they should not be expensive. To help untangle some of the confusion, here is a simple, somewhat opinionated taxonomy of most of the cables that we deal with in our lives. It’s completely up to date — until the tech industry adds another confusing format to the pile.
- Best Practices for building JSON REST Web Services « Building Feedly – A few of our friends have been asking us what are some of the best practices we learnt over the last two years designing and implementing RESTful Web Services as the back-end of the feedly service. Here is a quick/high level brain dump:
- OpenSSO Fedlet – ‘Best Innovation’ Award Winner at the European Identity Conference – In the category "Best innovation", the award went to the OpenSSO initative, founded and supported by Sun Microsystems. Their project, OpenSSO Fedlet has provided a lean solution for the Identity Federation
- Microsoft to Raise $3.75 Billion in Inaugural Bond Offering – Bloomberg.com – Microsoft Corp., the world’s largest software maker, plans to sell $3.75 billion of debt in its first bond offering, taking advantage of its top credit ratings to help fund a share buyback and technology investments.
- Judd Solutions: The Ultimate Enterprise Java Build Solution – Ultimate would be to add a server running TeamCity for the 'remote run' and 'pre-tested commit' features (as Developer assistant, and continuous compilation server it is a great add-on for a CI system)
- Sonar – Code quality management platform – Sonar enables to collect, analyze and report metrics on source code. Sonar not only offers consolidated reporting on and across projects throughout time, but it becomes the central place to manage code quality
- Common Java Cookbook – If you want to learn how to combine common open-source Java utilities to create powerful Java applications and tools, the Common Java Cookbook is for you.
In this screen capture video tutorial, Bruce Eckel and James Ward pair up to create an Adobe Flex application using the TurboGears framework
Verizon just announced that it is now offering connection speeds of up to 50 Mbps (megabits per second) downstream and 5 Mbps upstream over its FiOS network. Holy Sh*t – WTF!
If you are looking for something lightweight that will take a few minutes to learn, Wicket is not for you. If you are looking for a component-oriented approach, Wicket is a contender. It requires some up front investment of time, and the documentation isn
Simple design doesn’t mean brain death: it means being being as simple as necessary to achieve a great experience for a group of people, but no simpler.