- InfoQ: Top 10 Mistakes when building Flex Applications – In this post, Adobe’s James Ward teams up with InfoQ.com to bring you another Flex Top 10 (our most recent Flex Top 10). Flex is an open source application development framework for building rich Internet applications that run in the web with Flash Play
- InfoQ: IntelliJ IDEA Supports Flex Development – JetBrains' IntelliJ IDEA is one of Java developers' the most favorite development IDEs. The recent IntelliJ IDEA 7.0.3 release includes some new features supports Flex application development. To understand how Flex RIA developers can utilize InitelliJ's
- IntelliJ IDEA Blog » Blog Archive » Type Renderers – I’d like to tell you about one of the IntelliJ IDEA features – type renderers. They provide you the ability to customize how objects are displayed in the debugger, offering “logic-oriented” presentation of data vs. structure-oriented as it is by def
- Cloud Security: Where is Your Computer Today? – A new blog that launched last week–Cloud Security–is devoted to looking at the security issues of cloud computing, which encompasses grid computing, utility computing, software as a service, storage in the cloud, and virtualization
- Cloud Computing. Available at Amazon.com Today. – Key in your Amazon ID and password and behold: a data center's worth of computing power carved into megabyte-sized chunks and wired straight to your desktop. Clones of that HP tower cost 10 cents per hour — 10 cents!
- Why ‘no Macs’ is no longer a defensible IT strategy | InfoWorld | Analysis | 2008-04-21 | By Galen Gruman – According to NPD Research, Apple's share of the retail market has climbed to 14 percent as of February 2008. Gartner and IDC report that the Mac's share in the U.S. as of March 31 was 6.6 percent.
- The Norway Vote – What really happened « Topic Maps and All That – The process which led to Norway’s Yes vote on OOXML was so surrealistic that it deserves to be recorded for posterity. Here’s my version of the story.
- For AT&T, U-Verse Is Picking Up Steam – GigaOM – UBS’s John Hodulik, one of the best telecom analysts, has pegged AT&T as his top pick for this earnings seasons and is expecting some good tidings from Ma Bell. What caught my eye in his note was the progress made by AT&T’s IPTV effort, U-Verse.
- Virtualization: VMware, Xen, or VirtualBox? (by Jeremy Zawodny) – I wish to virtualize my computer life. However, I face an abundance of choices from which you will help me select the right one. What are the pros and cons here? And are there other solutions worthy of consideration?
- /var/log/mind » Blog Archive » Turbocharge your string keyed hashmaps – In most most situations the possible universe of keys in the hashmap are known upfront either when writing the code or when starting up the application. If instead of creating hard coded strings or by using various string key parameters from say an XML fi
Daily del.icio.us for April 20th through April 22nd