- Apache News Online: 22 February 2009 – Apache POI 3.5 beta 5 now available – The Apache POI team is pleased to announce the availability of Apache POI 3.5
beta 5, our latest beta including OOXML (Office Open XML) support.
- Configuring Spring Security with Active Directory in 5 easy steps | Eneset Technology – In this article I tried to give as much details as possible about configuring Spring Security with Active Directory. I provided a sample project to be used as a starting point for your own application
- Digital Domain – Everyone Loves Google, Until It’s Too Big – NYTimes.com – Jeff Atwood, a co-founder of Stack Overflow, said: “I have no beef with Google. I like Google. But I’m concerned. If you project this trend forward four years, just follow the graph. A world in which there is no competition strikes me as unhealthy.”
- Ubuntu now has ‘cloud computing inside’ | The Wisdom of Clouds – CNET News – That being said, the Ubuntu crew is in my view the Apple of Linux, and will likely change the game not through the infrastructure itself, but the user experience they introduce to building and managing clouds.
- Flex vs. Silverlight: The Elephant in the Room « The Effect Generator – In contrast, Silverlight has been built from the ground up with more ambitious targets in mind: fully fledged applications.
- Microsoft Visual Studio to boost SharePoint | InfoWorld | News | 2009-02-20 | By Paul Krill – Developers building solutions based on Microsoft#039;s SharePoint collaboration and business process platform will gain expanded support in the planned Visual Studio 2010 development environment, which will feature templates and an extensibility API, a Microsoft official said in a blog on Thursday.
- FRONTLINE: inside the meltdown: watch the full program | PBS – On Thursday, Sept. 18, 2008, the astonished leadership of the U.S. Congress was told in a private session by the chairman of the Federal Reserve that the American economy was in grave danger of a complete meltdown within a matter of days. quot;There was literally a pause in that room where the oxygen left,quot; says Sen. Christopher Dodd (D-Conn.)
- Asynchronous processing support in Servlet 3.0 – JavaWorld – Even as a mid-level API ensconced in modern UI component-based Web frameworks and Web services technologies, the incoming Servlet 3.0 specification (JSR 315) will have groundbreaking impact on Java Web application development
- Asynchronous HTTP Comet architectures – JavaWorld – In this article, Gregor Roth takes a wider view of asynchronous HTTP, explaining its role in developing high-performance HTTP proxies and non-blocking HTTP clients, as well as the long-lived HTTP connections associated with Comet.
- The BalusC Code: FileServlet supporting resume and caching – To enable download resumes, the server have to send at least the Accept-Ranges, ETag and Last-Modified response headers to the client along with the file.
Daily del.icio.us for February 19th through February 22nd