- HTML5 Charts for Mobile Devices | Touch Charts | Sencha Touch | Products | Sencha – Introducing Sencha Touch Charts — the world’s first HTML5-based, mobile charting and drawing product. Sencha Touch Charts enables you to build complex radar, bar, line, stacked, and pie charts with stunning interactivity and incredible ease of use. Visualizing rich data on the mobile web has never been easier.
- InfoQ: Pragmatic Software Architecture and the Role of the Architect – Joe Wirtley introduces software architecture and the role of the architect in software development along with techniques, tips and resources to help one get started thinking as an architect.
- O’Reilly’s OSCON Chairman: "Java deserves another look" – Java dominated the Tiobe Index again in 2010 and outsold all other languages in terms of books sold in 2010. That's not bad for a dead language. It's also a reminder that the opinions touted on the blogosphere are rarely reflective of the general spectrum and breakdown of opinions of the software development community.
- Java 7 Webcast – Watch this Webcast to find out more about the features of Java 7, hear from technologists at companies that use Java technology, and learn through a series of technical presentations and a panel discussion.
- Is VMware screwing the non-View VDI community with the vSphere 5 licensing changes? – Brian Madden – BrianMadden.com – While many people are speculating that this is going to be a showstopper for a lot of customers, it's exacerbated in VDI environments where servers typically have very high memory-to-processor ratios.
- Writing a Sencha Touch Application, Part 4 – This is the last of a four-part series on how to write a Sencha Touch application. If you’re new to the series, here are the links to the previous installments:
- inconsequence » Adventures in Mobile Development – I should state at this point that this does not qualify as a review so much as a disjoint set of observations based on generally shallow experience of a number of mobile development options. It is, in effect, a quick brain dump of my current impressions rather than any kind of careful analysis
- MongoDB is the New MySQL – tecosystems – It would be foolish to predict the same success that MySQL enjoyed for MongoDB, because the underlying market context has changed. But it is clear that – whether it is intentional on 10gen’s part or no – MongoDB is, according to a variety of metrics, the new MySQL.
Links for July 6th through July 23rd