- Play framework ? Home – Finally a Java framework made by Web developers. Discover a clean alternative to bloated enterprise Java stacks. Play focuses on developer productivity and targets RESTful architectures
- SimpleJPA – Java Persistence API for Amazon SimpleDB – SimpleJPA is a Java Persistence API (JPA) implementation for Amazon's SimpleDB. In other words, an object-relational mapping (ORM) framework for Amazon's database in the cloud
- redis – A persistent key-value database with built-in net interface written in ANSI-C for Posix systems – Redis is an advanced key-value store. It is similar to memcached but the dataset is not volatile, and values can be strings, exactly like in memcached, but also lists, sets, and ordered sets
- VMware: The Console: VMware hires key developer for Redis – As VMware continues its investments in the context of cloud computing, technologies such as Redis become key for future cloud based apps, whether private or public cloud, and the cloud infrastructure itself.
- NPR Creating New App and Web Site for Apple iPad | Peter Kafka | MediaMemo | AllThingsD – the standoff between Apple (AAPL) and Adobe has prompted NPR to take on another engineering project at the same time: It is building a version of its Web site designed specifically for the iPad.
- Op-Ed Columnist – Taking On China and Its Currency – NYTimes.com – It’s time for America to confront China about the undervaluation of its currency, which is adding to the world’s economic problems at a time when those problems are already severe.
- Developing Android Applications with Java – O’Reilly Media – Learn to build mobile applications for the exciting new Android platform. In this dynamic, online workshop, you'll get up to speed on the basics of Android development, including the Android SDK and the Eclipse IDE
- Winstone: The Smaller, Faster, Lighter Servlet Container | CapTech Ventures Blogs – The Winstone project was born out of a desire for a servlet container without all of the bloat of a typical Java EE container. Weighing in at a paltry 167 KB for the "lite" version and 320 KB for the "full featured" version, it is one of the lightest weight servlet containers out there.
- Unixmen – Digg says yes to NoSQL, bye to MySQL | Unixmen – After twitter, now is Digg who decided to replace MySQL and most of their infrastructure components and move away from LAMP to another architecture called NoSQL that is based in Casandra, an opensource project that develops a highly scalable second-generation distributed database
- Leo Laporte crowd surfing while live streaming @ Diggnation on Vimeo – Leo Laporte crowd surfing while live streaming on the Internet at Diggnation Live case. As seen at SXSW 2010 at Stubbs BBQ in Austin, TX!
Daily del.icio.us for March 14th through March 17th