- 12 New Rules of Working You Should Embrace Today | Zen Habits – So you could wait a few years, resist the new trends, talk about how great things were back in your day … or you could embrace the new rules, and be a part of the change.
- 97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know – The following are axioms for software architects by software architects. They have been contributed under the Creative Commons, Attribution 3 open source license.
- InfoQ: Jinesh Varia About Amazon Alexa Web Service’s Architecture – In this presentation, Jinesh Varia, a Web Services Evangelist at Amazon, talks about the architecture of one of Amazon's web services called Alexa. Jinesh explains how Amazon has reached scalability, performance and reduced costs for the Alexa service.
- Google launches Free The Airwaves | News – Wireless – CNET News.com – Google on Monday announced the launch of FreetheAirWaves.com, a site promoting the unlicensed use of "white space" spectrum
- Hazelcast 1.1 Released: Http Session Clustering and More | Javalobby – After a successful 1.0 release, Hazelcast, free data distribution platfom for Java, is now helping developers with new tools and features. So what is new in Hazelcast 1.1:
- Get Productive With GridGain | Javalobby – The same kind of productivity boost you get with GridGain. Take a look at some of the GridGain features that make it so easy to use and work with
- InfoQ: The Industrialization of Software Delivery – According to Ian Thomas, IT has consistently failed to deliver expected value time and time again. Ian believes that we all need to recognise these trends and learn the lessons of industrialisation from other more mature industries. Elaborating on previous work Ian Thomas discusses requirements for industrialization of software delivery along with the ways of achieving it.
- Bill de hÓra: IntelliJ IDEA 8 Milestone 1, first impressions – First impression: faster. These days IDEA is a beast of an IDE. I find 7 much better than 6 in terms of features and speed. But 8 is nippier, especially for starting up and compile. Second impression: stable. I've been banging at it for 3 days and it hasn't crashed once
- David Pogues Gadget List of 2008 – Pogue’s Posts – Technology – New York Times Blog – This year alone, I’ve bought several of the products that I reviewed in my column. So here it is: Pogue’s List 2008
- T-Mobile to Offer First Phone With Google Software – NYTimes.com – T-Mobile will be the first carrier to offer a mobile phone powered by Google’s Android software, according to people briefed on the company’s plans. The phone will be made by HTC, one of the largest makers of mobile phones in the world, and is expected to go on sale in the United States before Christmas, perhaps as early as October
Daily del.icio.us for August 16th through August 20th